Before rendering can occur, the lighting in the scene must be balanced. In this video, learn how to adjust and manage the overall lighting of the scene.
- [Instructor] At this point, we have our lights … in place, and now all we have to do … is balance our lights to get the effect that we want. … Now this is going to be in many ways up to your own … personal aesthetics, but let's just go through … some of the process here. … And now typically we're going to do this as an IPR. … So I'm going to start up my IPR, … and then just go through the lights … and adjust them accordingly. … Now, typically what we do is we start with the major lights, … in this case it would be all the lights … that are on these sliders, such as sunlight and environment. … And then we can start to effect things such as interior … lights and exterior lights to get the effect that we want. … Now remember, we will be running this through Photoshop … so if you don't get it exactly perfect … you should be able to tweak it in the final composite. … So go ahead and get the lights the way that you want … and then we can move on to final composite in Photoshop. … …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.