Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Baking resource maps for FXs, part of Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Asset.
- In this particular video,…we are going to be looking at baking out the resource maps…that are an integral part of the Substance Designer process…using, of course, the single facade FBX mesh…that we have already exported from 3ds Max.…Now, I have already performed a drag-and-drop operation…in order to place the Crate_full FBX in the 3D view…and so, what you see upon opening the substance package…may look a little different.…Indeed, if you are uncertain…as to how to get your FBX files into Substance Designer…and once you have completed the modeling phase,…you may want to check out…my Up and Running with Substance Designer course.…
Again, found here on Lynda.com.…If we come over to the Resource Explorer…then expand our Resources folder,…and then expand the Crate Resources folder,…you can see that I have already rendered or baked out…both curvature and ambient occlusion maps.…The curvature map is going to be used…to help us produce wear and tear…or edge breakup in our substance.…Whilst the ambient occlusion map…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.