Learn how to save baked maps to disk.
- [Narrator] In the previous movie we created a standard…scan-line material and assigned it to these…three selected objects in preparation for Render to Texture.…Let's go ahead and open that Render to Texture dialog now.…It's found in Rendering, Render to Texture.…And you might need to drag the edges of the window…a little bit in order to refresh a corrupted display.…The very first thing you want to check in on…is at the very top, the General Settings rollout.…
Open that up because that includes the path…to where the files will be saved out.…And mine is already set up,…but you're going to want to check in on this every time.…You can click in that field and press the End key…on your keyboard.…And this is showing that I am saving into my Desktop,…Exercise Files, Scene Assets, Images.…Okay, that's exactly where I want them to be…if, for example, I wanted to later use these bitmaps…in a new shading network.…Okay, I'll close the General Settings.…
Moving on, we have three selected objects right now…and so they're all displayed here…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Streamlining material editor workflow
- Managing assets
- Referencing materials with XRefs
- Rendering the Physical Material
- Controlling highlights with Roughness
- Directing reflections and refractions
- Simulating translucency and scattering
- Building a shading network
- Combining and color correcting maps
- Baking maps with Render to Texture
- Procedural mapping
- Using relief maps: bump, normal, and displacement
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2018: Mastering UVW Mappingwith Joel Bradley2h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 39m Appropriate for all
1. Material Editor Tips and Tricks
2. Hard Surface Materials
3. Ray Tracing Techniques
4. Building Shading Networks
5. Advanced Mapping
Mapping a gradient ramp6m 31s
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.