Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Autogenerated coordinates: Are they good or bad?, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- In this exercise we're going to take a look…at one of the methods available…for applying UVW Mapping coordinates in 3DS Max,…this being the automatic generation of mapping coordinates…at the time of an object's creation.…In fact, as well as taking a look at just where…in 3DS Max these options can be found and used,…we will also consider whether or not these auto-generated…mapping coordinates are a good or bad thing.…Now, whilst I could plot through a long list…of objects in 3DS Max that are capable…of automatically generating mapping coordinates,…it will be much easier on all of us…if I were to simply note that the majority of objects…created from both the geometry and shape sections…of the create app have this functionality built in.…
So the standard and extended primitives,…the patch grids, even the window and stair objects…if I just go ahead and create one of these, have this…generate mapping coordinates check box in their options.…And it isn't just primitive or template geometry…that make use of this feature.…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.