Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Augmenting a substance using Max nodes, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Let's imagine at this point in our project…that we have been handed this scene…by the texturing department…and whilst looking at the latest render,…which of course was auto saved from our previous exercise,…we have decided that we want to make the wall…look a little more weathered, shall we say,…a little more grungy in order to add…a bit of a melancholy feel to the image.…Well if we open up the material editor…and in the Wall tab, double click…to load up the exposed substance parameters,…we can see that we already have…a whole bunch of controls with which we could work.…
In fact, we even have one entitled, Moss Amount.…Now unfortunately upon investigation,…we will find that this actually controls…the intensity of the moss color in the texture…rather than giving us a way to…spread the moss across the surface of the wall,…which is in fact what I want to do.…Now we could go back into substance designer…and have those controls built…into the material if we wanted.…Truth to tell though, we can just as easily…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.