Adding unique object ID's can be a pain to do in scenes that contain large amounts of objects. Because of this, we will look at using a soulburn script that can help us assign them in an easy to use fashion that will also help us set up our matte elements ver quickly indeed.
- [Voiceover] When first adding elements to our list here,…we noted that the Multi-mat render element…creates selection masks based on either…an Object G-Buffer ID or its Material ID.…Which means there are a number of ways in which…we could set the Multi-mat elements up…for use in a compositing application.…In this instance,…seeing as the simplest method gives us exactly what we need,…I'm going to make use of G-Buffer Objects IDs.…Which of course means that for every object needing a mask,…we will have to assign a very specific Object ID to it.…If you are not sure just where…the Object ID setting can be found,…all we need do is select and right-click on an object,…choose to view its Object Properties,…and there in the Rendering Controls…we have an assigned G-Buffer Object ID value.…
Now, by default in 3ds Max,…all objects are created with an assigned ID of zero,…which means we can easily keep objects out of…the matte creation process by simply staying away…from the zero value in our Multi-mat elements.…Assigning a new ID to an object is very simple,…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.