In this video, learn how to create the leaf by using the basic standard material and then using a texture with it. For the floor use V-Ray material with Diffuse and Normal textures. Additionally, use the Height map and apply VRayDisplacementMod modifier t
- [Instructor] The last thing for this chapter…would be setting up material on top of this leaf…and also discussing and applying the material…to this ground surface over here.…I'm going to select my leaf and assign…this leaf texture, which we discussed.…And it's just a simple texture.…I'm going to assign that to leaf…and solo this out, zoom that out,…and go to my modify panel.…And I will apply UVW map, go to my top view port…and activate my UVW map, modify and rotate that texture…to some angle, press R and scale that up.…
And then again, rotate that.…Now what I'm trying to do is scale and rotate that…and try to perfectly match that center line…with this leaf model.…And also with the leaf texture.…So this is being set up with looks kind of nice…and just slightly moving that in this direction.…And scaling that up a bit, just bring that in…and rotating that.…
So we're kind of very close to that.…And this should do the job.…And I'm kind of happy with this result…so I'm going to turn this off.…And leave the leaf here.…
- Setting up shortcuts for the user interface
- Creating the basic lights
- Reviewing the basics of V-Ray material
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
- Adjusting materials
- Adding background elements
- Color correcting objects
- Using PixelSquid models
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 10m Intermediate
1. Modeling Scene Assets
2. Creating Lights and Materials
3. Compositing Render Passes in Photoshop
Important notes3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.