This video takes a look at applying standard materials to objects in KeyShot. George shows how to select materials from the library and assign them to specific objects.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our objects…into KeyShot, let's go ahead and…assign some basic materials.…Now the objects that we imported…did come along with materials…and if we go over here into our scene tab,…you can see under materials we have…all of these different materials…that came in with the FBX file that we imported.…But we want to actually assign…our own materials to this, so we can…either keep or leave behind any of these.…And I'm going to go ahead and just start…replacing some of the materials.…
So I'm going to go ahead and start off…with the bottle itself.…So I'm going to click on this, and you can see…we have the bottle selected.…And if we go over to our materials panel here…you see we have all sorts of different materials.…We have different types of paint.…We have cloth and leather.…And we also have glass, and that's…kind of what we're looking for for this bottle.…We're going to select a type of glass.…So if I open this up you can see we have…clear glass, we have frosted glass,…textured and so on.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.