Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Assessing the design possibilities, part of Rendering Exteriors in 3ds Max.
…An exterior rendering is a powerful way to sell a design, and serves as a great…tool for, setting a place and a mood in a wide or establishing shot in a cinematic.…Whatever the purpose of your rendering is, you should look at…the design carefully first, before you jump into materials and lighting.…And assess the possibilities in the design,…and also look at reference of existing places.…The real world practically screams out how to make…the virtual look right, if we're willing to listen.…For this particular design, there is broad overhanding eaves, a lower flat roof over…the bedrooms, and finally, a larger, longer…roof over the carport and main living areas.…
This'll give us some deep shadows and opportunities…for bounced light in an exterior shot in daylight.…This design also has pendant mounted can fixtures…over the carport, or rather from the carport…onto the driveway, and then recessed can lights…under the soffit along the main entry walkway.…I'll take a look at some period reference, and get an idea…
- Creating exterior materials
- Adding luster to glass and subtle detail to wood and siding
- Positioning the sun with the Daylight system
- Lighting using HDR imagery
- Lighting interior spaces
- Fine-tuning the photographic exposure
- Rendering and optimizing rendering
- Creating an ambient-occlusion rendering pass with custom materials
- Setting up additional rendering passes for compositing purposes
- Compositing and adding post effects in Nuke and After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Exterior Materials
2. Rendering in Daylight
3. Lighting Night and Dusk Shots
4. Adjusting Rendering Settings
5. Lighting and Rendering Additional Passes for Compositing
Rendering the image passes3m 49s
6. Compositing and Post Effects in Nuke
7. Compositing and Post Effects in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.