In this video, adjust field of view and tilt-shift.
- [Instructor] Again taking our cue…from real world photography,…let's see how to represent architectural exteriors…and interiors most effectively.…The primary concern of architectural photography…is field of view or angle of view.…Standard cameras crop the scene to a visible rectangle.…The angle of view defines how much of the scene is visible,…and it's controlled by the sensor size…and the focal length from the lens to the sensor.…
Zoom lenses have variable focal length,…allowing the photographer to control the field of view…by zooming in and out.…Architectural photography benefits…from both wide angle and tight zoom settings.…The choice depends on context.…Wide angle or fisheye lens effects…take in more of the space.…This may be necessary depending upon the space…or structure itself.…Wide angles can also make the space seem larger than life.…Simply zooming out enhances the dimensionality of the shot,…exaggerating distances,…and producing interesting compositional dynamics.…
However, take care not to push the angle of view too much,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.