Map a texture with TextPlus
- [Voiceover] Starting off our chapter on…materials and mapping,…let's take a look at the new TextMap,…which works in conjunction with the TextPlus primitive…allowing you to place resolution independent…vector type into a material shading network.…Meaning that you can then zoom in infinitely…on that texture and you will never see any aliasing…or jagged edges.…I've already got an object that I want to map…and I've already got a TextPlus primitive here…in this scene.…If you're not familiar with TextPlus…go back to the chapter on modeling and animation…where we cover that new feature.…
I do want to do one thing to this TextPlus object,…which is to turn off the geometry.…All we need are the type outlines.…I'll select it and go to the modify panel,…scroll down and in the geometry roll out…disable generate geometry.…And now all we have are the type outlines.…I've got a material assigned to this object already.…Go to the material editor, either by clicking on the button…on the main tool bar or by using the M key.…Here's the material.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.