Another effect that can be costly to render in a 3d application, is motion blur. As we only want a subtle effect for our render, taking the fast and interactive approach of using AE's pixel motion blur effect, will certainly help speed the process up for us.
- [Voiceover] For some of the sequences…that we animate inside a 3D package…in render motion blur, that is motion blur…generated by the render engine itself,…may be the only way to achieve a certain look…that we may need.…In many other instances though, applying this effect…in post can quite literally strip hours,…possibly even days off our overall render times.…Now of course, if even there, there is a need to create…as realistic looking a motion as possible,…then when using after effects…as our post production application…we will probably want to make use of the ReelSmart…Motion Blur plugin from REVisionFX…as this not only offers much more control…over the motion blur process than can be had natively…in After Effects, but it can also give us…quite a boost in terms of the speed…at which it processes.…
To use this plugin most effectively though,…we would need to render yet another element…out of 3DS Max and V-Ray this being…a motion vector pass, which unfortunately…is not currently supported by V-Ray RT.…Of course, as this is a commercial…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.