Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying environment fog, part of 3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lighting.
- [Narrator] For a convincing rendering…of exterior daylight, in which we can see…off into the distance, we should account…for atmospheric perspective and any haze or fog…that may be in the air.…Currently, we have none of that.…Previously, we used mental ray, physical sky,…and mental ray skylight.…And those included some basic settings…for atmospheric perspective and haze.…But they were limited.…We didn't have the ability to change the color, for example.…
In situations such as this, in which we've…got image-based lighting and no haze parameter to play with,…or if we're using mental ray and we want more control,…then we can add environment fog to the scene.…First, let's do a little bit of housekeeping.…When we assigned a multiply node…as our environment background, it turned white here,…in the View, and there's nothing we can do about that,…except to turn it off.…Go into the View's menu, Viewport Background,…and set it to Solid Color.…
And to get a better sense of our final rendered shot,…let's go back to scene lighting.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.