Constrain a camera rig to a line.
- [Teacher] We're ready now to attach…the camera to the spline,…using a path constraint.…Select the camera helper object,…go into the Animation menu,…and choose Constraints, Path Constraint,…and click on the spline curve.…And the camera helper is moved…to the first vertex on the path,…at frame zero on the timeline.…The motion panel opens automatically,…and when you scroll down in the motion panel,…you'll get to the Path Parameters rollout.…
In the Path Options section…is percent along path,…and it's been key framed.…As as we press the Play button in our timeline,…we can see the motion in the view ports…and, also, this value update.…I'll stop that and rewind.…The movement is too fast,…so let's slow it down.…Go into the time configuration dialog in the lower right,…and set the animation end time…to 540 frames.…
And we're at a frame per second of 30…because NTSC is the default.…Click OK.…And with the camera helper object still selected,…we can see its key frames here.…Here's the percentage along path value of 100%,…down here at frame 150.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.