Orbit a camera with Arc and Path Constraint.
- [Instructor] Closing out the chapter…on compound camera animation,…let's create an arc animation.…We'll attach the camera to a path…that has the shape of an arc.…And this an alternative to a tracking shot,…because a tracking shot, especially at close distances,…can have some issues…in which the subject changes size on the screen.…I'll select the camera, grab the Move Tool,…and move it in the x-axis in the top view.…
And we do see the effect occurring,…especially as we approach the object…it becomes larger on the screen.…And then as we move farther away it becomes smaller.…Well, if we want to show off our subject…to its best advantage,…we might want it to remain a constant screen size,…and the arc will allow us to do that.…This is also one of the few cases in which…I recommend using a target camera.…It's going to simplify the process quite a lot.…
This is a physical camera with a target,…and I've positioned that target…so that we are obeying the Rule of Thirds…with our composition.…The camera and its target are both at…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.