Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adopting Maya mode in 3ds Max, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- 3ds Max has a handy functionality…of adopting Maya's keyboard and mouse shortcuts.…That way you can just have one set…of keyboard and mouse shortcuts between the two programs.…Maya cannot currently adopt 3ds Max's conventions.…But 3ds Max can adopt Maya's.…To illustrate, I'll open up a scene file,…go up to the caption bar and click to open a scene.…For this movie we have two scene files,…02_03_maya_mode.max…and 02_03_maya_mode_noModifiers.max.…
The first one is the one you want to try to open.…If it doesn't open well for you,…you can open up this noModifiers version…which has a collapse modifier stack.…Click on 02_03_maya_mode.max and click open.…And now we've got the default…3ds Max keyboard and mouse shortcuts.…And in 3ds Max, the middle mouse button…is of primary importance.…Simply middle mouse to move the camera,…alt middle mouse to orbit or arc rotate,…and control alt middle mouse to dolly forward, back.…
Additionally, if I want to maximize the viewport,…I've got a keyboard shortcut which is alt W…or minimize that and restore it back…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.