Edit the shape of a conformed object.
- We've conformed this road to the landscape…but we want to cause the road to hug the contours…of the landscape and not just be a straight line.…And to do that we'll use the Move Conform tool.…I'll select the road and in the freeform tab…of the modeling ribbon we have the conform tools.…And the Move Conform brush is one that looks like…a sphere that has four arrows on it.…So click on Move Conform brush, and we have some…options here in a floating window.…
I'm going to attach that, dock it onto the ribbon itself.…And then just click and drag to move the road around.…And it's going to stick to the landscape just perfectly.…Alright I'll undo that and let's talk about…the shape of the brush here.…This is view dependent, and that means if I zoom out…or dolly back then that brush will have…a much greater effect over a larger area.…I do that, or if I get in very close,…again it's screen dependent.…
I'll undo that.…We also have the ability to control the falloff…and the full strength radius for the brush.…And that's what these are up here,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.