In this video, learn how to set the right blending modes for your renders. Set the AO pass to Multiply and Reflection pass to Linear Dodge, and use masking to control its intensity.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to add some life…to our renders though it looks fine but it's not perfect…at the moment.…What I'm going to do is use my orange juice…ambient occlusion and I will unhide this layer…and I will change the blend type to multiply over here,…and immediately we have added a lot to the render over here.…If I unhide this, you will notice that it's pretty flat,…with absolutely no shadows.…So I'm going to unhide this and add a lot to the shadows.…
Off the recording, what you can do is adjust…some of these shadows.…What you can do is go ahead and add levels on top of that.…Hold alt and make sure that you restrict that…to this layer only, and increase the ambient occlusion…for this layer and you will see that it has gone darker.…Then, choosing this layer over here,…throw a mask on top of that and press e and start removing…some of these unwanted shadows from this part…and also from this part over here,…which you can do off the recording pretty easily…by taking your time.…
Now the reason I have darkened these shadows is that…
- Setting up shortcuts for the user interface
- Creating the basic lights
- Reviewing the basics of V-Ray material
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
- Adjusting materials
- Adding background elements
- Color correcting objects
- Using PixelSquid models
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling Scene Assets
2. Creating Lights and Materials
3. Compositing Render Passes in Photoshop
Important notes3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.