Develop the look of a physical material.
- [Instructor] Taking another look…at the physical material parameters,…we're going to learn about reflections.…So I'll make another material,…select on one of these and hold down shift…and drag to make a new clone.…Double click it and let's try one of the other presets,…scroll down into metals…and let's choose the silver preset.…And it doesn't look like much in the preview here.…If I click off of it and click back on it again…it'll refresh up here in the preview window,…but we're not able to see reflections…in these sample slots in Arnold,…for some reason.…
So we have to actually view an active shade rendering…to see the reflections.…So let's go up into the render setup,…and change the target rendering mode…over to active shade mode,…and we've got Arnold as the current renderer,…and the system tab, I've throttled it…by reducing the number of threads by two.…Go over to the common tab,…and we're going to do a smaller rendering.…
I'll set the width to a value of 320…and the height to a value of 180,…and also store it in one of these buttons.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.