Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting mental ray sun and sky, part of 3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017).
- [Instructor] Let's adjust the parameters…of mr Sun, Sky, and Environment…to art direct the shot.…I want to make this sunlight a bit more orange,…and I want to add some…Atmospheric Perspective and some Haze.…Let's go ahead and select the daylight system.…Press the "h" key on your keyboard,…and open up Compass001…and then double-click on Daylight001.…And then go over to the Modify panel.…I'll expand that command panel out so we can see more.…
And we want to now adjust the color,…and the first place we'll go…is the mr Sky Advanced Parameters here.…We've got a RedBlue Tint.…If we bring it down to its minimum of negative one,…we're pushing all of the light towards blue.…And if we set it at its maximum of one,…we're pushing all the light towards red.…I actually want to leave the sky at a neutral tint,…but I want to adjust the color of the sun.…I'll set the RedBlue Tint here to zero.…
And then over here in mr Sun Basic Parameters,…we have a switch that's labeled Inherit from mr Sky.…Once we turn that off, then we have…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.