Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the image, part of Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
…To color correct our image, we'll need to import it into After Effects.…In the project window, right click and choose Import > File.…And the file we want is in the exercise files render output.…And we stored it in IBL environment map.…And here's the XR file.…Select that, and click Import.…Now I've got it loaded into the project window and…we need to create a composition from that piece of footage.…Right click and choose New Comp from Selection, and now we've got a composition…loaded here in the timeline, and it's been given the same name as our footage.…
You'll notice that we've got a very harsh, white border around the model.…And that's because the alpha is being interpreted as pre-multiplied.…And we can fix that.…Let's select the EXR file, right click on that…piece of footage, and choose Interpret Footage > Main.…And in this dialog, up here at the top…where it says alpha, we want to choose Straight Unmatted.…We want to click OK at the bottom of the…dialog, but unfortunately it's off the screen here and I…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with Maya? Check out Creating Product Shots in Maya.
- Importing solid models as 3ds Max body objects
- Working with the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Building Arch & Design materials
- Creating area and photometric lights
- Setting exposure control
- Optimizing indirect illumination with Final Gather
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Lighting with self-illuminated geometry
- Rendering to high dynamic range
- Saving render passes with Render Elements
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
Controlling Final Gather3m 57s
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.