Control camera sensitivity.
- [Narrator] Hand in hand with setting the light intensity,…we need to adjust the camera exposure to get…a good result on this screen.…Remember that we're trying to emulate…real-world lighting conditions for…the most realistic results.…My photometric light currently has an unrealistic intensity.…I'll select it and go back to the modify panel.…We left it in the lux at mode.…I'm going to switch that back over to lumens,…and give it a realistic value.…
Set it to 2000 lumens and press enter.…And now that is a realistic light intensity…but you can see that it's far too dark on the screen.…We need to adjust the camera exposure control.…And that can be found in the rendering menu,…and we can go directly to exposure control.…It's the same actually as opening up…the environment dialog.…We have the environment and effects dialog come up,…and no exposure control is currently applied…and that's because we were using Arnold…as our active shade renderer.…
If you had the scanline renderer chosen…and you added a photometric light then you would…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.