Render weather effects with Physical Sun and Sky
- [Voiceover] The sun positioner gives us…a pretty good approximation of daylight on a sunny day.…If you want to achieve different weather effects,…such as a cloudy day or a super-hot sunny day,…you can do that through the environment,…which is the physical sky environment.…It got added when we created our sun positioner.…Go to the Rendering menu, and choose Environment.…And at the top of that panel,…we have Physical Sun and Sky Environment.…
In order to edit that,…we need to load it into the Material Editor.…Open that up,…and then drag the Environment Map into…the Material Editor view,…and choose Instance.…Get in close on that,…double-click the swatch to make it larger,…and double-click the name…to load it into the Parameter Editor.…Here we have the default parameters…for the physical sun and sky.…
The only ones we are really concerned with in this case…are the global intensity and the sky intensity.…If we want to achieve a cloudy day,…we want the sky to be much brighter…relative to the direct light coming from the sun.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.