The light created by the architectural and interior lights may not be enough. In this video, learn how to fake light coming out from the interior of the building.
- [Instructor] Now let's start adding some … additional light to make our scene pop. … Now, if I do a quick IPR of this scene, … you're going to see that we've got … some really dark spots here, … kind of around this patio by this middle … section of the house, as well as by the front door. … Now, there is light inside the house, … and it will flood out through these glass doors … to illuminate part of the scene. … And we really don't have that effect. … Now, we can really adjust our lights to get … a realistic version of this, or we can just fake it. … Now, I'm going to fake this light … just to get the effect that I want. … So we're going to do this by creating a light … that's basically the size of the door, … and use that to cast some light into the scene. … So, I'm going to go into my front viewport here. … In fact, I'm going to turn on Default Shading … so I can see what I'm doing here. … I'm going to go over to our Create panel, … and we're going to create a Vray light. … And I'm going to make sure it's a plane. …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.