Now that we have our mesh attached, we can add subdivision, We will need to do this on multiple parts of the mesh, as they are now self-contained rings and loops of edges. Then we can use the connect tool to guide our smoothing in the direction that we want.
- With the basic outline shape…of our viewport guard in place,…what we need to do now is add…both thickness and smoothing to it.…And then, of course, adjust the overall…shape so that it looks much more like our reference image.…And so, let's select the geometry in the viewport.…And then from the command panel,…add a shell modifier to it.…Now the thickness amount that we add here…will, of course, depend on not only the look…that we want to create for the guard,…but also on the scale at which we're working.…In this instance, I'm just going to set an outer amount…of about zero point five centimeters,…as I think that will be thick enough for what we need.…
To take our next step, which is to add…some outward curve or shaping to the mesh,…let's drop back down to the editable poly level on our mesh…and jump into vertex of object mode.…We will need all four sets of interior vertices…selected here and so, if they are not already highlighted,…just drag a marquee selection around them,…making certain that we grab both the front and back.…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.