Smoothing the screw head will be key to making it readable. Since it's a small object, the way the light plays across the surface will help our eye see the detail even from a distance. Because of this, we will use the crease sets modifier to make sure our smoothing is correct.
- [Instructor] Before moving on with our modeling,…we're going to spend some time in this video…finishing up the screw head that we've been creating…by adding some definition to the smoothing…that we have already applied.…With our object selected then,…let's come to the Edit Poly Level in the stack…and add a CreaseSet modifier.…Now, in this instance, we are only going to be adding…a single set of creases,…and so we could arguably simplify things a little…and use a plain crease modifier.…But, because I am always looking for ways…to add flexibility to the pipeline because I work,…I prefer to give myself the option to use more crease sets…later on, should I want or need to.…
With this applied then, let's jump into edge object mode…on the modifier, turn off Show End Result,…and also switch to a wireframe view by hitting F3,…just so that we can see what we're doing…a little more clearly.…What we want to do now,…down in the bottom of the driver hole that we have created,…is select a few of the edges that form the corner…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.