Being able to adjust properties such as reflectivity in our shots (without having to go and re render) can be a massive time saver. Here we will remove some of the noise in our image by masking the specular element using one of the multimattes, as well as decrease the overall intensity of reflections in the shot.
- [Voiceover] Having recreated and tweaked the lighting…in our dolly shot sequence, we want to move now…on to adding some reflectivity back into the mix,…which essentially means working with our reflection…and specular render (indistinct) sequences.…Let's drag those into our comp, then,…and, again, pre-compose them,…so that we can make alterations to them…outside of the main comp itself.…We can call this Reflection & Specular,…and then just make certain that we've placed it…above the lighting comp in the layer stack.…Jumping inside the pre-comp,…we want to make certain that our layers…are using the add blending mode,…although, technically, only the top layer…really needs this adjustment, and then take a look…at the elements that we have here.…
Well, as I check each of these layers in isolation,…one thing that I am struck by…is the fact that the specular layer,…whilst adding some nice touches to the backdrop fabric,…is actually adding quite a bit of noise to our dull objects.…Yes, there is a little bit of color information…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.