Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding railings to the balcony, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] To finish off the balcony part,…let's just add the roof planks.…Or, a placeholder for roof planks first.…I'm going to select the lower box…and solo that out by pressing Alt Q.…Then I will go to Polygon Mode,…and select these polygons at the top.…Again, I will go and hit Detach,…making sure "Detach as Clone" is checked.…Hit OK. Going back to Hierarchy panel,…and centering the pivot to the object.…
I will select the newly created object,…and set the pivot to the center for that as well,…and apply the Shell modifier to this.…I will go to the Front viewport to set these sites,…as they should be going slightly outward…from the structure.…Going back to Editable Poly and hitting the Vertex Mode…will select these vertices and bring them slightly down.…Similarly, this one as well.…
I'm just trying to really match it, so they both are exactly…at the same distance from each other.…Then I will apply the Shell Modifier again,…or activate that.…Going back to Perspective viewport,…and give it slightly more Outer Amount.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.