Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding planks to walls, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] Now I'm going to add…these planks to the walls.…For that, I will select the walls and then hit Control,…and click on these planks.…And now I will swallow them out by pressing Alt Q,…select these planks only, hold Shift and drag,…and make a copy of it.…And then try to place them in the exact position.…I'll go to the Front viewport,…and bring it here, and then try to scale that down a bit.…Let me just set that, so it actually comes…to the edges of these walls.…
Now I already have planks on these edges,…so that shouldn't be a problem, they will be covered.…Now I'm going to go to the Left viewport…and try to bring that here, and we will of course…be removing this or just adding plane at the back…of this wooden structure.…Now I will unwallow everything out,…and I see that it's going outward here.…So again, we're going to go into the Slicing options,…I will scroll down and look for the Slice modifier,…and click on the Slice modifier.…
I'm going to activate the Slice modifier,…move that upward, and rotate it 90 degrees,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.