Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding planks to the balcony, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] Now I am going to add these planks…on the top portion over here on all sides,…and the process should be fairly simple,…and then, we can repeat the process for other parts as well.…So, I will go to the front viewport…by pressing F on my keyboard, and press F3 on my keyboard,…and select this area, and hold alt and deselect this.…Go back to perspective viewport,…hold Control, and select this.…Now, I'll press alt Q to solo this out, pressing F3,…and select this, hold shift, make a copy of it,…and hit OK.…
Just trying to bring that here.…And let me just match that to the side.…And we just need to put it in the right place.…And then, of course, we can look into the reference image…how that actually goes.…So, with this being, I will not actually this time…go and use the slice modifier,…since probably that won't be a good idea at this stage.…
Just slightly scaling that down, not too much,…and I will bring that here.…And then I can, of course, scale that down a bit…and move that upward, maybe slightly more.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.