Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding object splash, part of Up and Running with RealFlow.
- Our final effect for this RealWave simulation…is an object splash.…We can generate particles based upon the intersection…between the rigid body here…and the RealWave surface.…To achieve that, we just simply…go once again to the RealWave tab…and click Object Splash,…and that gets automatically connected to the RealWave.…Let's make it white.…Just set those particle colors to white.…And then go into the Object Splash section,…scroll down a little bit,…and it's down here,…RWR_Object_Splash, down at the bottom.…
We need need to choose an object to collide with.…So click here and then choose jetski_proxy as the object…and click Okay.…Now there are a bunch of parameters in here…we can play around with.…The most important one is the Speed threshold.…It's down here, Speed threshold.…The object has to be moving faster than this threshold…in order to generate particles.…And with a default of 0.5, we won't get enough particles.…I wanna make sure the particles…are being generated at all times.…
So I will set this threshold down to 0.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.