- [Instructor] Once I had the scene composited,…I came across several issues including…the grass being too thick than what I was expecting it to be…and the other issue was…this background being still very flat though I have clouds…and they look stylized and hand-painted,…but the problem is this skyline…which is actually separating my foreground…from the background,…does not actually give me enough detail.…I still believe that I should be having some small mountains…or some trees at the background…to make this composition alive.…
So what I did was, I went back and fixed my grass…and rendered the scene out again…and then added some more elements into the background.…Let me just show you my final composition…with all the elements…and it's this file over here…which looks a lot better in comparison to this one.…So if I switch between these two, with the same size,…you better see a good difference in both of them.…Now it's not just the elements…but some other things I have done.…
Now let me tell you that in this file,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.