- In the Nodes Panel, you will see…the Realwave surface node.…If you press the plus sign to open that up,…subsidiary to that you will see…Object interaction global.…That is a sub node that's responsible…for making the connection to…a Caronte rigid body or soft body solver.…To get a pattern on the Realwave surface…of rolling waves, we need to add something…called a modifier.…To do that, select the Realwave,…right click it, and choose Add Wave.…
You've got a bunch of options here.…Control points are actually manual,…so you can sculpt the Realwave however you wish.…Fractal is a chaotic system that's fairly simple.…Spectrum is another one that produces…some more spiky patterns.…Gerstner is for very simple waves…that are kind of regular in shape.…The best one for an ocean, by far,…is the Ocean Statistical Spectrum.…
Click on that,…and it's added to the Realwave surface.…To see it, you will need to reset the simulation.…And now you can see we've got a really…cool looking pattern on there.…That was so easy.…If you look closely though,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.