The secondary dolls will have the same basic material set up as the main doll because they are essentially meant to be made from the same materials, and in the same way. Because of this, we will use reflectivity and bump settings just as before, but we will use different bitmaps for the control maps.
- [Voiceover] With the initial materials…for our main doll in place we can move on…and start to texture the secondary dolls…that sit just behind her.…Starting once more with their diffuse properties.…Again, we could start a new set of materials…from scratch as it were,…but with most of the work already done…it makes sense to simply copy…our existing material.…To keep things organized, though,…lets first of all create a new view in the slate editor.…And call it Secondary Dolls…Back in the main tab lets hold down the shift key…and then left click and drag in order to create…a copy of hair material.…
With a right click on the material node…we can come down to the Move Tree to View flyout.…Send our material to the Secondary Dolls view…that we just created.…And then rename it Secondary Dolls Hair.…Which perfectly describes the use…that we will put this material to.…We can even go ahead and apply the material…to the Secondary Doll's Hair geometries whilst we are here.…As before we're going to create the rest of the materails…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.