Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the last of the details, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Narrator] I wanted to jump right into vegetation…creation process but there are a few things…and issues I want to mention here and clarify those…before moving ahead.…Now those part that I considered done,…I have applied a very basic, simple material,…this one, to all those parts.…And there is this part, which I haven't applied…material yet, and it means that I'm going…to add a bit of detail here as well.…So one thing, the first thing I want to mention here,…is that while creating the openings, if you remember…we went to the Compound Objects in Create panel…and we used ProCutter for the top part.…
Now if you're getting some issues with the mesh…when you're using ProCutter, you can the ProBoolean instead.…If that even does not work you can use the simple Boolean.…So all these three options kind of work similar…and you can apply or try any of these.…So this is the first issue.…Now the second issue I want to state here is that if I go…to the top and hit Shift + Q to render this scene.…Now I'm using V-Ray and if you see…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.