Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a gravity daemon, part of Learning RealFlow.
- For a particle simulation of running water,…of course, we will need a gravity effect.…Otherwise, the particles will just fly off into space.…To add gravity, go to the shelf labeled Daemons.…And in RealFlow, a Daemon is like a field in Maya,…or a force in 3ds Max.…Basically, it's some effect…that's going to influence the simulation.…And you'll see that there are lots of them.…Some of them have a K in front of them, and that means kill.…
The ones that are labeled with a K…will delete particles that satisfy certain conditions.…Right now, what we want, of course, is gravity.…And I'll click the gravity button.…And I get a gravity Daemon icon in the viewport here,…and if I dolly back a bit with Alt and right mouse,…you can see that it's quite large.…I can move that, or I can just hide it.…Now that it's here, I don't ever really…need to deal with it again, so I can hide it.…As we saw before, we can hide objects…from the display shelf here.…
We can also hide objects from the Node Params.…With that gravity Daemon selected,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.