Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a foam emitter, part of Learning RealFlow.
- RealFlow makes it very easy for you…to add secondary effects,…such as Splash and Foam.…In order to do this most effectively,…you don't want to recalculate the primary fluid.…And we want to put it into cache mode,…so that we can simulate just the foam, by itself.…I want to select the domain…and activate cache mode here.…I can also do that from the node parameters.…Under Node, you'll see Simulation.…
We have the option Inactive, Active, or Cache.…When it's in Cache mode, even if I click reset down here,…it won't erase the cache from the disk…and it won't disconnect the cache…from the current Hybrido Solver.…And you can see that if I click Reset,…then it appears that all of the cache got erased,…but in fact, it didn't.…If I click Simulate again, it would…just load the cache off of disk.…Okay, we're ready now to create the foam.…
And we don't need to have anything selected necessarily.…We just want to go into Liquid Hybrido tab,…up here, and click Foam.…And you'll see HY_Foam01 exists now.…And there's some attributes that we want to adjust here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.