To get us started with using our render elements, we will go ahead and add all of the ones that we think we will need for the compositing process inside after effects. As these add nothing to our overall render times, we don't need to be overly cautious of the numbers that we use, although of course the more we add, the more disk space we are going to use and the more files we will have to organise.
- [Voiceover] We are at the point in our mini project then…where we really need to walk through the process…of deciding which render elements…we're going to end up using in our shots,…and then render those components out,…so that they are ready for use in After Effects,…or indeed whichever compositing application…you decide to make use of.…The first step then is to break down the scene…that we are working with…and identify the various elements…that we're going to want or need to use.…As noted, if we're going to be passing these elements…to a compositing artist or team…at the end of the rendering phase…then it is vital that we talk to those artists…and get their input on just what it is that they will need.…
It may well be that they have a fixed…or possibly even automated pipeline…that requires some very specific render elements…be passed to them.…In this particular instance though…because I'm going to be the compositing artist…it is up to me to decide what effects I will want to add,…and so consequently, of course, to decide…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.