Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding details to the top planks, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Narrator] To create the antenna part,…which is this top object, which I call antenna, over here.…So for that, I will press F on my keyboard…to go to the Front Viewport and set my viewport…so I can see the top of this structure,…and then I will press G on my keyboard…to remove the grid for us the time being,…and I will go to the Create panel…and in the Shapes Parameter rollout,…I'll go and choose Arc, and click,…hold the mouse button, drag it down,…and try to straighten it up, and once it is,…then I will release the mouse and create the arc shape.…
Now here in the reference image,…the arc is not perfect arc, it is kind of semi-arc,…so I'm going to fix that in a while.…But, before that, I will go and create a line…by clicking the Line button, click and then click…again and this time holding the mouse button,…and dragging it down so I can have this curve shape,…and then clicking again here and then right-clicking…to deselect it.…Now I will select these, both of these lines,…and move them upward and try to bring them close…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 10m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.