Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding details to the base texture in DDO, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] I will now finish my material…by creating some more material over this surface,…but the first thing I'm going to do…is view my material here,…and I will click on 3DO here…to view my material in real time.…Here is my 3D0 Viewer,…and if I wanted to rotate my object,…I will hold Alt + Left Mouse Button to rotate my object,…and I also need to rotate my light,…so I will hold Shift + Left Mouse Button and drag it,…so I can rotate the light and see the surface.…
Now, the bump or the normal map is perfectly fine,…but I have a bit of a problem with the extra detail,…like I said before,…so I'm going to go back into my folder…and choose the base layer,…and I will slightly bring down the texture intensity.…In fact, I will bring it down to about 19.…And the other thing I'm going to do is change the color,…so I will click the Edit Reflectance…and pick this color over here…which we picked from our reference image,…and I'm going to make it kind of more darker, and hit OK.…
And now this material has been updated.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.