Carrying on adding details such as chamfers and insets will help add positive and negative space to the mesh. They will also give effects such as ambient occlusion all they need to help these details shine in the final model.
- [Narrator] Continuing from where we left off…in the previous exercise, let's carry on…adding detail to our primitives here…by first of all adding the holes that we need…in our extruding pieces.…Coming over to the Modify panel, then,…let's jump into Polygon Sub-Object mode…and select just the very top polygon here.…In the Ribbons polygon panel, let's shift-click…on our bevel tool and make sure…that we are set to work in Local Normal mode,…and then right-click on them in order…to zero out each of the spinners that we have.…
I'm going to set the bevel inset value here…to roundabout -0.5 centimeters.…Click the Apply and Continue button,…and then right-click on the outline spinner again…so I can set it to -0.05 centimeters.…Also, set the extrude spinner to -0.05 centimeters as well.…Once we click Apply, we want to add…a final downward extrude by decreasing…the bevel height a little more.…Now, we don't want to go too far here…because, if you look closely at the reference,…this area with the valve in the center…actually looks like it is one solid piece.…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.