The little details speak volumes about the model and can be the difference between good and average looking models.
- [Narrator] What we want to do…in this third video for the chapter…is start adding some of the extra details…that are needed for our regulator valve setup.…For instance, on taking a look…at our reference image, we can see…that the bottom or base cylinder…needs to have a slight chamfer added at the top,…and so let's select that, right-click…and convert to an editable poly object,…and in Polygon Sub-Object mode we need…to select the top and bottom polys.…Then we can Control-click so as to…enter Edge Sub-Object mode whilst, of course,…keeping our current selection intact.…
If we press F4 to turn on edged faces…in the view port, we can see that this gives us…the top and bottom row of edges here.…And so in the Edges panel on the ribbon UI,…we want to shift-click on the Chamfer tool…so as to open up the caddy.…In here, we want to set the chamfer…to quite a low value of 0.03 centimeters and press Okay.…If we click again to come back…into Polygon Sub-Object mode now,…we can just delete the top and bottom polygons…that we already have selected,…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.