In this video, learn how to render your animated sequences out of V-Ray and 3ds Max.
- [Narrator] What we want to do next, … is make use of the Zed or Z depth … sequence that we rendered out of V-Ray so that we can add a … basic depth of field effect to our shot. … And we could of course have added depth of field using the … V-Ray physical camera when rendering in Max, … but what we can create here will definitely be faster … to both create and tweak, … to start with them, … we will once again select all of the layers containing … the work completed so far, … and pre compose them calling this particular comp DOF. … Again, just to let us know what has happened … up to this point in the nested comp tree. … To help create our depth of field effect, … we are of course going to want to add … our Zed depth sequence to the stack. … Turn it off. … And then after selecting the composition itself, … search for and then add with a double click … a camera lens blur effect. … Now straight out of the box, … this does don't appear to do anything … to helpful for us as it essentially …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.