With the base particle system in place, time to add some deflectors into the scene that will tell our particles when and how to move, as well as adding the wind and gravity space warps that we will need. These will be the main driving force of our particle motion. These space warps can be added with a simple click and drag.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In order to add some essential behaviors…to the particles that we're going to be creating here.…There are quite a few elements…that we're going to need to add to the scene itself.…Elements such as Deflectors and Forces…and so probably the best place to start in this exercise…would be to come over to the Scene Explorer,…create a new layer and rename it "Deflectors and Forces."…Seeing as the four Space Swaps…that we're going to be adding here are in the minority,…let's come over to the Create Tab in the Command panel…and take care of those first.…
If we click to enter the Space Swap section,…we should see our Forces listed by default.…If for some reason that is not the case,…we just need to access the dropdown…and select the Forces option from there.…The two that we need to add into our scene…are Gravity and Wind.…And so let's click the Gravity button…and then left click and drag in the top view board…in order to add that to our scene.…Again our Deflectors and Forces layer should automatically…have become the active layer and so our Gravity Space Swap…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.