Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the base to the balcony, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Voiceover] Adding planks to this balcony part,…or the base of the balcony would be…exactly the same way we did for the other part.…I'm going to select that and press W on my keyboard,…hold Shift, and drag to make a copy of it.…And I will take that down here.…Next, I'm going to select this piece of plank.…In fact, this is something we use for the top portion, and…I'm going to use that for the base of the balcony as well.…So hold Shift and drag, and make a copy of that,…and then rotate that about 90 degrees.…
I will just set that up over the box,…and looking into my reference image,…I see that there are two layers of the planks,…which I will be making.…And for the top I will maybe keep this here,…which I already have,…because there is nothing complicated about that.…So let's just keep that.…And for this one, I'm going to set it here…and slightly scaling that upward in fact.…Let me just move that to a side,…so I want to get rid of that one piece of plank.…
And I will go to Element mode, and select these two,…and hit Delete.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.