Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding all render-element layers, part of Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
…Finally, we're ready to build up the rest of our layers.…We want to create another composition starting from the indirect illumination.…Select that in the project window and…right click and choose, New Comp from Selection.…And then select it once again in the project…window and press enter, and call this master comp.…And we want to make sure that we add the appropriate effects layers.…So we can double-click on Exposure.…Now that's been added.…
We can set that to whatever.…We can set this to maybe a minus five right now.…Can come back and play with that later.…And we'll add the rest of the layers as well.…We've got the direct illumination, drag that in.…And double click exposure, set that down as well, maybe negative 11.…And for the blending mode, down here…for the diffuse direct illumination, we'll choose add.…And now we're adding the diffuse color…to the final gather or the indirect illumination.…Continuing on, now we want to add the…specular component which is in a precomposed layer.…
So we've got specular plus reflect, and we can bring that in as well.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with Maya? Check out Creating Product Shots in Maya.
- Importing solid models as 3ds Max body objects
- Working with the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Building Arch & Design materials
- Creating area and photometric lights
- Setting exposure control
- Optimizing indirect illumination with Final Gather
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Lighting with self-illuminated geometry
- Rendering to high dynamic range
- Saving render passes with Render Elements
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
Controlling Final Gather3m 57s
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.