Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding Motion Blur effects, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- As already noted in the V-Ray physical camera chapter,…in scene or in camera motion blur can sometimes…be the only option open to us when we…need to create some very specific motion blur effects.…And so, in this video we will focus on how we…go about creating motion blur, whilst rendering…with the 3ds Max physical camera.…In our start scene, if I just scroll up…the timeline a little, you can see a part of…the animation that we are going to be using…in order to add motion blur to our renders.…If I set the timeline here to frame 55 and…take a render, you can see, despite the fact…that we clearly have plenty of motion running…through the frame, that we don't actually…have any kind of a motion blur effect showing up.…
In fact, if I just pull my media player into view here,…you can see as I play through what is…essentially the first 81 frames of this animation,…that we definitely have no motion blur…occurring anywhere in the shot.…Let's go ahead and change that, then,…by selecting our camera from the scene explorer,…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.