Another data pass that we will put to use in post is our ZDepth sequence. This will allow us to use a Camera lens blur effect in order to add Depth of field, something that would typically be very costly to render inside of V-Ray RT itself.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] What we want to do in this video…is make use of the zed or Zdepth sequence…that we rendered out of Vray RT…so that we can add a depth-of-field effect…to our animated shot.…Now would could, of course, have added depth-of-field,…using the 3ds Max physical camera when rendering in RT.…But, of course, not only is what we get here more flexible,…but also much, much faster to create.…To start with, then, we will once again…select all of the layers containing…the work that we have completed so far,…and precompose them, calling this comp Color Correction.…
Again, just to let us know what has happened…up to this point in the nested comp tree.…To help create our depth-of-field effect…we are, of course, going to want…to add our Zdepth sequence to the comp,…and then, after selecting the composition,…search for, and then add with a double-click,…a camera lens blur effect.…Now, straight out of the box, this doesn't appear…to do anything too helpful for us,…as it essentially adds a uniform blur to the whole image.…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.