This video shows how to apply bitmap images as texture maps within KeyShot. George takes a simple label and applies it to a material, adjusting the mapping so that it fits perfectly.
- [Instructor] We now have most of our materials done…but we still need to work on the label for the bottle.…For that, we actually want to use…a texture of an actual label.…Let's go ahead and start off just…by taking a look at that material.…I'm going to go over to my Material tab here…and I have a material called Label_Matte…and that's the label material.…As you can see, this comes in as a Diffuse,…so I can double click on this…and if I want to, I could change the color of this.…
I can actually change this to any type of material I want.…If I want to make it into, say, Paint,…or really anything, I can do that.…I'm actually going to leave it at Paint,…which gives me the ability to add roughness if I need to.…Now, when we have a material,…we also have two other tabs here,…one is for textures,…and one is for labels.…They're really very similar.…Textures basically apply to the whole object…and the label just applies to part of an object.…
Let's just take a look at textures.…We want to load an image on to this…and apply it as a texture.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.