Browse digital assets for sale by Autodesk
- In chapter 2, we'll look at assets and interoperability. Bringing different types of data in and out of 3ds Max. We'll start with the Content menu, which is new in version 2017. And the first thing we'll look at is Creative Market Store. This is an in-application browser where you can buy assets from Autodesk. It's actually the same as their website. Let me just show that to you very quickly. I've got that open in another browser window.
I'll go there with Alt-Tab. It's creativemarket.com/3d. And they've got 3D Assets for sale. And they're also textures and so on. Go back to 3ds Max with Alt-Tab once again. In the Content menu, we can access the Creative Market Store. And you will need to create an account in order to buy things. You can go and sign in or create an account from this page. Back on the Browse page, we could just click on something and get a preview of it, examine it's stats, and so on.
Down at the bottom, we can determine where our downloaded assets will be saved. We could click here to browse if we wanted to. For example, point the download to our current project's import folder. And that is the Creative Market Store built-in to 3ds Max.
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.